|Also known as||Maiden of Relief|
|Japanese Name||御船 千早|
|First Appearance||Persona 5|
|Arcana||Wheel of Fortune|
|English VA||Sarah Anne Williams|
- "Whaaaaaat!? The sequence of arcana has completely changed! "Death" has moved far off into the future... But there's no way that could've happened... without you breaking the law. I mean, how could an ordinary high school student change the course of fate...? ...Fine. I'm just going to have to verify your power. The very power that reversed my tarot card prediction! Oh, I know... I'll read your fortune! Please, I beg you... I need to know if fate truly can be changed..."
- —Chihaya Mifune to the protagonist, Persona 5
Chihaya Mifune is a character from Persona 5.
Chihaya has brown eyes, long blonde hair, and wears a big black headband. She wears a necklace with a small red jewel resembling a teardrop.
She wears a dark navy long sleeves shirt. Over this is a light purple dress with clock-like black designs and two black laces. On her lower body are navy tights and dark gray slippers.
Chihaya is a cheerful woman with a lovely atmosphere about her, with a rumor of her fortunes being infallible. This is revealed to be accurate, but she cannot predict the effect that her fortunes themselves have on the world, and doing her side quests cause her readings to change. She is initially frustrated and suspicious about this, but soon comes to realize that this implies a better world than she had thought.
A tarot fortune-teller who runs a fortune-telling stand in Shinjuku. She has a bright and cheerful atmosphere about her, but her fortunes always hit the mark. She is rumored to definitely be “a real fortune-teller,” but at the same time apparently recommends these “suspicious stones”. It is later revealed that her powers are genuine, but in the past she was ostracized for her apparent omniscience. The stones, as revealed, are worthless trinkets; her employers force her to sell them, and she keeps to it since her readings say she cannot escape. At the end of her Cooperation, she realizes the Phantom is proof that her destiny can be changed, and she quits.
Chihaya's can be met on 22nd June by listening to a rumor about her and then meet her at Shinjuku. The player is required 100,000 yen to buy her Power Stone in order to unlock her Confidant. Each fortunetelling also costs 5,000 yen. Unlike other daily activities, fortunetelling does not spend the player's activity time which is similar to shopping.
The item received by maxing Chihaya's Confidant is a Fortune tarot card, which can use all kinds of fortune telling.
|1||22nd June||Luck Divination|
|3||?||Wealth Divination||Boosts the money earned when finishing battle with All-Out Attack.|
- Chihaya's dress has traces of the Wheel of Fortune card pattern from Persona 3 and Persona 4.
- The official artwork shows her holding what appears to be the Persona 5 variation of the Wheel of Fortune card.
- Chihaya's Japanese voice actress, Miyu Matsuki, died of malignant lymphoma on 27 October 2015 at the age of 38. Although not officially confirmed by her agency, Persona 5 is generally believed to be her last professional performance, at least in the video game category.