Cosmic Eggs (宇宙卵 or 宇宙の卵) are key items in the series.
Also known as a world egg, it is an egg found in myths throughout the world. It is usually the beginning in some form and from it hatches a primordial deity. The earliest records of one such egg is the Brahmanda from Hinduism. The Greeks had their own Cosmic Egg called the Orphic Egg, which was warmed by a snake until the first Deity called Protogonus hatched from it.
The idea of a cosmic egg was brought up by science in the 1930s, where the universe was believed to have originated from a gravitational singularity and expanded via a big bang to become the expanding universe.
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange JourneyEdit
The Cosmic Eggs are key items needed in all routes near the end of the game. Mem Aleph reveals that she created the eggs and gave them to the Four Kings who were invading the earth. She states that they have the power of creation inside them and can rebuild the earth when combined with the Schwartzwelt.
The Cosmic Eggs are located at:
- Sector Antlia: A sealed area unlockable with Unlock D, it is guarded by Chaos forces; its guardian is Wu Kong. He is fought in the Law and Neutral paths.
- Sector Bootes: A secret part of Mitra's palace, it is protected by Law-aligned demons and can be found at the place where the destroyed Gigantic remains. Yatagarasu guards the egg in the Law and Chaos paths. In the Neutral path Zelenin guards the egg and the Gigantic's Nuke as a boss.
- Sector Carina: A secret area guarded by Chaos demons; its guardian is Zhu Yin, who fights the player in the Law and Neutral paths.
- Sector Delphinus: A path on the first floor that leads to the highest floor, it is protected by Law forces with the guardian being Cherub. He is fought on the Neutral and Chaos paths.
Regardless, every faction vies for the retrieval of the Eggs. Once all have been gathered, the Eggs can be cast into the Vanishing Point at Sector Eridanus to unleash the Schwartzwelt's energies and either rebuild Earth or restore it as it was. Naturally, every faction has its own idea on how to use the power.
- In the Neutral Path Arthur comes up with a plan to empower a Nuke with the Cosmic Eggs, which would have enough power to destroy the Schwarzwelt for good.
- In the Chaos Path they intend to use the Eggs to rebuild the earth as Mem Aleph planned, restoring the world of the Old Gods, with Mem Aleph herself fusing with the Cosmic Eggs to give them more power.
- In the Law Path, the Eggs are used to create an utopia devoid of free will, with Earth restored to is pristine glory and Humanity a subservient slave to Zelenin's song.
|Characters||Protagonist - Gore - Jimenez - Zelenin - Arthur - Bugaboo - Captain Jack (& Jack's Squad) - Ryan - Mastema - Louisa Ferre - The Three Wise Men - Mem Aleph - Kato - Williams - Muccino - Irving - Chen - Terry - MacCleary - Dent - Mia - Gekko - Anthony - Blair - Zoe - Maebe - Wolf - Tyler - Mackie - Mike - Dawson - Keema - Norris - McClane|
|Locations||Red Sprite - Sector Antlia - Sector Bootes - Sector Carina - Sector Delphinus - Sector Eridanus - Sector Fornax - Jack's Squad HQ - Sector Grus - Sector Horologium|
|Terminology||Schwarzwelt - Demonica - Demon Summoning Program - Delphinus Parasite - Magnetite - Macca - Moon Phase System - Cosmic Egg|
|Lists||Demons - Bosses - Skills - Forma - Equipment - Items - Apps - Extra Missions|
|Music||Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Original Soundtrack|