Theare pre-Columbian Mesoamerican artifacts. When all 13 skulls are closely gathered it is said to reveal the mysteries of the universe.
The five crystal skulls are used by the Masked Circle in order to drain Ideal Energy from those who possess dreams and utilize it to raise Xibalba so they can initiate their plan of bringing humanity to a utopian age. However, those who have their Ideal Energy drained turn into shadowmen, becoming invisible to normal people and their existence is also forgotten before finally disappearing. Joker has the Heaven Skull, King Leo has the Fire Skull, Queen Aquarius has the Wind Skull, Prince Taurus has the Earth Skull and Lady Scorpio has the Water Skull.
Only those who bear the constellation of the holy cross (people born under the constellations of Leo, Scorpio, Taurus and Aquarius) are able to fully control the skulls and consequently raise Xibalba, as explained by Lady Scorpio. The Last Battalion's Order of the Holy Lance is also qualified, as they represent all twelve signs of the zodiac. In Caracol, the Fuhrer steals the Heaven and Wind skulls while the remaining are given to the party's Shadow Selves.
Shadow Tatsuya watches over the Fire Skull at Leo Temple, Shadow Eikichi watches over the Water Skull at Scorpio Temple, Shadow Lisa watches over the Earth Skull at Taurus Temple and Longinus #5-7 watch over the Wind Skull at Aquarius Temple. The player is free to clear the four temples in any order they want to, however the interior structure of each temple changes depending on the order chosen and once the player enters a temple they are unable to enter the others and must clear that one first. This is because of the elemental affinities of each skull: once the player collects a skull, the balance is broken and one element will be strengthened (more complicated) and another one will be weakened (simpler).
|Fire Crystal Skull||Wind||Water|
|Water Crystal Skull||Fire||Earth|
|Earth Crystal Skull||Water||Wind|
|Wind Crystal Skull||Earth||Fire|
- "An ancient Out-Of-Place-Artifact found in Central and South America. It is said that if you collect 13 of them in one spot, the truth of the universe will be revealed."
- —Persona 5 Compendium
Crystal Skull can only be encountered in Mementos' Path of Sheriruth floors 7 to 9 and 11 to 13, after clearing Shido's Palace. The most effective way to capture this Shadow is by Downing it using Physical attacks with High critical rate, such as Lucky Punch or Miracle Punch.
Persona 2: Innocent SinEdit
- "I am the skull of raging fire... If my slumber is disturbed, wind will go unchecked and water will lose its purpose..."
- —Fire Crystal Skull
- "I am the skull of the raging waters... If my slumber is disturbed, fire's wrath will grow stronger and the earth will be parched..."
- —Water Crystal Skull
- "I am the skull of everlasting earth... If my slumber is disturbed, water will run rampant and wind will have no destination..."
- —Earth Crystal Skull
- "I am the skull of howling winds... If my slumber is disturbed, earth will become conceited and fire will lose its wrath..."
- —Wind Crystal Skull