I'll cut straight to the chase: in Black/Red Book, most pages list the stats for both the GBC and PS versions, which is redundant. Basically, I have yet to see a demon whose stats or skills were changed in the remake. Now, I'm not saying we should get rid of the PS template and there may as well be a demon who had their stats changed for the remake. Basically, I think we should give Black/Red book the P3 treatment:
P3 has three stat templates: P3, FES, and Portable. Every Persona that is in vanilla P3 is in FES and in Portable, but we don't list all three appearances unless there was some change. The FES and Portable templates are only used for enemies that aren't present in the original and were added in their respective versions.
What I'm suggesting is: only using the PS template for the twenty new demons added in the remake and any eventual change that we might run into. Of course, the vanilla template would have to be edited to automatically add the "Devil Children PS" category, just like the vanilla P3 template automatically adds the FES and Portable categories.
Also, this is a bit off-topic but also has to do with stats templates: I created Module:Skill pages for Black/Red/White book so it would be nice to display the effects of the skills in the pages, just like DemiKids.
(White Book seems to follow the same rules, having mostly the same demons with the same stats with only a few new demons but I haven't finished that game yet so I won't propose anything for now unlike the skill list merge.)
- Organizations wise, I think it's a good idea, and pretty much the way it has been with the Stats. You could get in touch with Inpursuit directly as the stats template works well thanks to him.
- Having a descriptive skill table for the DemiKids is also something that the wiki needs, as it makes the templates more standardized across the board.
- If I know where to start with the wiki-coding I would, but Inpursuit knows more than I do. BLUER一番 06:03, January 9, 2018 (UTC)
I'm not quite sure where we should go for redesigning the template for Devil Children stats, or in fact any template in general. At what page did we write all the wikicode again? BLUER一番 06:34, January 9, 2018 (UTC)
- (I wish I knew enough about coding to do all of this by myself since Inpursuit seems to gave gone MIA...)
- An addendum: After playing enough of White Book, I can say that the demons also have the same stats as Red/Black Book. Considering that, I suggest we use a single stats template for red/black/white book. The PS template will be used for the 20 demons exclusive to the red/black remake and the White template for the 80 demons exclusive to White Book.
- There is no overlap between those two groups, so the PS template should NOT add a White Book category and vice-versa. They both should, however, add the Red/Black Book category.
- In the stats template, change the following terms: Element -> Type and Type -> Race. Refer to the info I added in the Type and Subtype and Talk:Race and species pages for context. If possible, do that to the Fire/Ice Book stats template as well.
- Optional = Change how the stats are called to better match the Japanese version. ATK -> Attack, DEF -> Guard, MGC -> Magic, RES -> M Guard, SPD -> Speed, LCK => Luck. Technically we only have to change DEF and RES, but the others need to be changed too for the sake of consistency. This isn't really needed but should be applied to the Fire/Ice Book template if we decide to do it. G.A.S.A (talk) 19:47, March 3, 2018 (UTC)