I've noticed some symbols on Awake Jimenez's body and I don't know what they are or what they mean. Can you help me out?
Here's an image:
It should be big enough to help you see the symbols. GalaxiaWild 20:53, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
- They are just his tattoos. You can kinda sorta see part of the ones on his arm in his initial human form, so it is not like they are some demon symbols that appeared when he transformed.--Otherarrow 21:38, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
Even if they are just his tatoos, they look like religious symbols. What do those tattoos remind you of? GalaxiaWild 20:57, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
I can't be sure because we can't quite see all of them, but here are my guesses:
- The hands could be hands of Fatima, or in Jewish tradition the hand of Miriam, a symbol to ward off the evil eye. It's also an islamic symbol in the Middle East and North Africa but it's old than Islam (and Judaism).
- I have no idea what the sacred circle(s) and triangle on his abdomen are, there are so many.
- No idea for the mesh on his shoulder; underneath there seems to be a cross bottony, a cross with a trefoil pattern on each branch's end. It has no special meaning attached to it, he could have simply liked the design of it.
- Labyrinths in Medieval times were seen as symbol of the spiritual journey of the soul toward God in the center; it was also a form of pilgrimage for the poor who couldn't afford to go to an actual holy site.
Now as to why Jimenez of all people would have so many symbols than can be linked to a form of Western monotheism, I have no idea.
- Nyx Midnight