"I speak to my disciples-- In the future I see the destruction of the Sangai. When the sound of the revolving drum reaches the ends of the universe, the Eastern Palace will enter into the Taizo with glory. The people of the world will become as red souls through Daihi, and the throng of demons will follow this transformation. The secret master will stand before the souls' Renge and announce a Kotowari. This will become the Law of the Creation of the world. "
The Miroku Scripture is a prophetic scripture that appeared in Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. The scripture itself reveals that truth behind the destruction of a world, and the birth of a world. The Miroku Scripture was originally a sacred treasure within the Cult of Gaea. One of the members, Hikawa, joined the Cult so he could learn more about the creation of the World. During his research within the Cult, Hikawa found out the Miroku Scripture within the Cult's archive, and learned about the events of the Conception, and Reason.
The Miroku Scripture predicts that God will one day subject to cleanse the World by initiating the Conception, which is to destroy the world and recreating it. Furthermore, it was also predicted that a being neither human, nor demon will be created, which is also the one who will able to alter the results of re-creation, the Demi-fiend. Longing to create a world of stillness and establish his reason, Hikawa betrayed the Cult of Gaea and stole the Miroku Scripture. He would then summon demons and fiends secretly via various occult methods to protect himself and creating Chaos among Tokyo to lure God's attention, so the Conception could be initiated.
- Miroku is another name for Maitreya, the 5th reincarnation of Buddha. Miroku Bosatsu became extremely popular among believers of the Shingon Sect, a form of Esoteric Buddhism. Founded by Kobo Daishi (774 to 835 AD), the Shingon sect believes that, far in the future, the Miroku Bosatsu will become a Nyorai (Buddha), and then appear on earth to save those unable to achieve enlightenment. Even today, Shingon followers are awaiting Miroku's return, scheduled to occur about 5.6 billion years from now.
- Sangai means "Three worlds" (Past, Present, and Future).
- Taizo: The ryōkai mandara (“mandala of the two worlds”), consisted of two parts—the kongō-kai (“diamond world”) and the taizō-kai (“womb world”)—that organized the Buddhist divinities and their relationships in a prescribed grid like configuration. The deities or spiritual entities portrayed aspect. The second mandala, called the “Womb Mandala of Great Compassion” (based on the Mahavairocana-sutra and known in Japanese as taizō-kai), reveals Mahavairocana sitting on a red lotus surrounded by innumerable buddhas, bodhisattvas, and Indian gods, with consorts. This represents the Cosmic Buddha’s dynamic...
- Mandala (Sanskrit maṇḍala "essence" + "having" or "containing", also translates as "circle-circumference" or "completion", both derived from the Tibetan term dkyil khor) is a concentric diagram having spiritual and ritual significance in both Buddhism and Hinduism. In common use, mandala has become a generic term for any plan, chart or geometric pattern that represents the cosmos metaphysically or symbolically, a microcosm of the Universe from the human perspective.
- Daihi means "Great compassion" and refers to the infinite compassion of the Bodhisattvas. Daihi is also a dual metaphor because the full name of the Taizo Mandala is "Daihi-taizo-sho-mandara."
- Renge means "lotus" and is a symbol in Buddhism, because it retains its beauty despite being in murky waters.
- This part of Miroku Scripture does not exist in the localized version. It only appeared in the original Japanese intro.
|Playable||Demi-fiend - Dante - Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV|
|Non-Playable||Yuko Takao - Chiaki Hayasaka - Isamu Nitta - Hikawa - Jyoji Hijiri - Futomimi - Sakahagi - Heeho - Lady in Black - Lucifer - Kagutsuchi - Gouto-Douji|
|Vortex World||Shinjuku - Shibuya - Amala Network - Labyrinth of Amala - Ginza - Great Underpass of Ginza - Ikebukuro - Mantra Headquarters - Assembly of Nihilo - Kabukicho - Asakusa - The Obelisk - Amala Temple - Mifunashiro - Diet Building - Tower of Kagutsuchi|
|Soundtracks||Deluxe Pack Incence Disc - Original Soundtrack - Maniax Soundtrack extra version - OST (US)|
|Terminology||Candelabrum - Conception - Kagutsuchi - Macca - Magatama - Magatsuhi - Manikin - Reason - Yahirono Himorogi - Order of Messiah - Cult of Gaia - Demonic Sponsor - Shadow Vortex - Nightmare System - Terminal - Great Will|
|Lists||Demons - Bosses - Skills - Items - Merchandise - Translations|