|Persona 2: Eternal Punishment|
|Perusona 2: Batsu|
June 29, 2000
May 17, 2012
November 30, 2000
PSN - PSOne Classic
February 27, 2013
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is the third game in the Persona series on the PlayStation, following Persona 2: Innocent Sin as the second chapter of an overarching story. Eternal Punishment focuses on protagonist Maya Amano. The theme song of the game is "Change Your Way", by Elisha La'Verne.
Eternal Punishment takes place on "the other side" from Innocent Sin. Rumors are spread about how if you call your cell phone, the JOKER will come and kill whoever you ask it to. Maya Amano is sent to write a story about the JOKER, when she meets him in person. Philemon grants Maya and her friends the ability to summon Personas, an ability that they use to hunt JOKER.
- Maya Amano: The silent protagonist and writer for a teen magazine.
- Ulala Serizawa: Maya's friend and roommate.
- Katsuya Suou: A Police detective investigating JOKER.
- Baofu: A Taiwanese extortionist.
- Tatsuya Suou: Katsuya's younger brother. The protagonist from Persona 2: Innocent Sin.
- Eriko Kirishima: One of the main characters from Persona, currently a magazine model.
- Kei Nanjo: One of the main characters from Persona, an heir of the Nanjo company.
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSPEdit
It was announced on the 29th of February that Eternal Punishment was scheduled for a PSP release on the 17th of May 2012 in Japan. Directed by Shoji Meguro and as before, the new soundtrack is interchangeable with the original one. Instead of Shigenori Soejima, Masayuki Doi of Trauma Center fame handled the character artwork. The new opening was done by Mad House.
According to Famitsu, there are going to be a couple of new additions/improvements to the game:
- Loading times are greatly improved
- A fast-forward option is included for event scenes, as requested by players in the prequel
- On/Off Option to remember the memory of the cursor in menus
- Option to change the speed of the battle, like “Speedy”, etc. With the highest option, battles take marginally less time to complete than the previous Persona games.
- There is a new scenario starring Tatsuya and featuring a woman with long purple hair and a cat named Zula.
- The player can change the color of the menus: gray, red, blue, yellow, pink, and purple in that exact order, corresponding to Persona, Persona 2, Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 3 Portable (female route) and Persona Q.
Satomi Tadashi (Scenario writer of Persona and Persona 2) states that the new scenario will change everything the player knows about fighting Demons and "won't be pretty", suggesting that it will be very dark.
Due to "unusual circumstances", the specifics of which are unknown, it could not be localized anywhere outside of Japan, however it has been announced that a fan translation is in the works.
|Box Art and Promotional Art|
|PSP Remake Screenshots|
Tatsuya after being grazed by the Spear of Destiny
Baofu reacting to Shadow Shiori's sudden appearance
The final battle of the Tatsuya story
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSX Opening
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP Opening