Persona 3: the Weird Masquerade -Souen no Kesshou- (ペルソナ3 the Weird Masquerade ～蒼鉛の結晶～, lit. Bismuth Crystal) is a stage play based on Persona 3 and the sequel to Persona 3: the Weird Masquerade -Gunjou no Meikyuu-.
- Japan:June 5-13, 2015 (Performance)
- Japan: September 30, 2015 (DVD Release)
The previous director, Makoto Kimura, will be returning for the third stage play, and the script-writer this time would be Sho Yoshizaki (of the MAG.net stage production unit). It will be limited released during June 5-13, 2015 at Theater G Rosso in Tokyo Dome City.
Like the previous installment, both the male and female protagonists appear, but featured in separate performances.
In the recent news on June 4, 2015, announced that starting June 5 and June 6 that the first and second from the previous stage play would be feature on Niconico live website in limited time only. The first stageplay, Persona 3: the Weird Masquerade -Ao no Kakusei- would started at 20:00, June 5, and the second stageplay, Persona 3: the Weird Masquerade -Gunjou no Meikyuu- would started at 20:00, June 6. The last performance for male route would be June 12 and female performance on June 13 on the Niconico live website.
Sequel Preview Edit
At the end of the stage play, the sequel preview that shows Aigis facing off with Ryoji at the Moonlight Bridge. The next scene shows Junpei facing Takaya and Jin alone at Tartarus where he wants to protect Chidori. At the end of the preview, Junpei's voice cry out Chidori's name and the screen says "To be continue."
Here are the list of songs/tracks that were used during the stage play:
- Soul Phase (Souen no Kesshou Ver. (Male Version) sung by Shouta Aoi (Sakuya Shiomi)
- A vulnerability veined in Fog sung by Tano Asami (Mitsuru Kirijo)
- Velvet no Kaisou (Velvet Hierarchy) sung by Kosaka Rika (Elizabeth) and Shouta Aoi (Sakuya Shiomi)
- your name ~real~ sung by Shouta Aoi (Sakuya Shiomi)
- Kagayaku Sekai (Shining World) sung by Keisuke Ueda (Ryou Mochizuki)
- your name ~act~ (Reprise) sung by Shouta Aoi (Sakuya Shiomi) and P3WM Cast
- Toki no Koeta Message (Message That Exeeds Time) sung by Maho Tomita (Yukari Takaba)
- Souen no Kesshou (Bismuth Crystal) sung by SEES and Strega P3WM cast (Male Version)
- Brand New Days (Souen no Kesshou Ver.) sung by entire P3WM cast (Male Route)
- Soul Phase (Souen no Kesshou Ver. (Female Version) sung by Kana Asumi (Kotone Shiomi)
- Velvet no Kaisou (Velvet Hierarchy) sung by Ire Shiozaki (Theodore) and Kana Asumi (Kotone Shiomi)
- your name ~real~ sung by Kana Asumi (Kotone Shiomi)
- your name ~act~ (Reprise) sung by Kana Asumi (Kotone Shiomi) and P3WM Cast
- Souen no Kesshou (Bismuth Crystal) sung by SEE and Strega P3WM cast (Female Version)
- Brand New Days (Souen no Kesshou Ver.) sung by entire P3WM cast (Female Route)
- Male Protagonist (汐見朔也, Shiomi Sakuya): Shouta Aoi
- Female Protagonist (汐見琴音, Shiomi Kotone):
- Yukari Takeba: Maho Tomita
- Junpei Iori: Genki Ookawa
- Mitsuru Kirijo: Asami Tano
- Akihiko Sanada: Yuuki Fujiwara
- Fuuka Yamagishi: Marina Tanoue
- Ken Amada: Waku Sakaguchi/Tomonori Suzuki (Double-cast)
- Takaya Sakaki: Takeya Nishiyama
- Jin Shirato: Yuuichi Matsumoto
- Pharos/Ryoji Mochizuki: Keisuke Ueda
- Shuji Ikutsuki: Shōichi Honda
- Theodore: Ire Shiozaki
Adaptation Differences Edit
There are difference between the game and stage play:
- Mitsuru's father, Takeharu Kirijo uses the last of his energy to kill Ikutsuki after being shot by him.
Male Route Edit
- Sakuya remains in his hiding place, having been forgotten by Akihiko, Junpei, and Ryoji while the latter try to escape during the hot spring accident. The three are caught by the girls while trying to go back for him; later Junpei is seen visibly aggravated at Sakuya for being able to play innocent.
- The fanservice aspect on the female members' side during the hot spring has been heavily toned down since they are seen in their bath robes instead of their towels.
DVD insert cover
Male Route booklet of Souen no Kesshou
Female Route booklet of Souen no Kesshou
Entire cast members backstage after their final performance
Male Route, Group Photo
Male Route, Kyoto Photo, 01
Female Route, Kyoto Photo, 02
Male Route, Yukatas
Female Route, Group Photo
Female Route, Kyoto Photo, 01
Female Route, Kyoto Photo, 02
Female Route, Yukatas
- Haneyuri and Ray Fujita are the only actors who didn't reprised their roles as Chidori Yoshino and Shinjiro Aragaki. Although they were mentioned by Akihiko and Junpei during the song, your name ~real~.
- This is also the first stageplay where none of previous actors who aren't reprised roles didn't get replaced by a different actor.
- Waku Sakuguchi and Tomonori Suzuki who double-cast as Ken Amada appears to switch different routes, as Waku appears in the male route instead of the female route. Which means Tomonori would appear in the female route instead.