Persona 3 The Movie is an animated movie series based on the game Persona 3. The first movie, titled Persona 3 The Movie #1: Spring of Birth, was released on November 23, 2013, the second movie, Persona 3 The Movie #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream was released on June 7, 2014 and the third movie, Persona 3 The Movie #3: Falling Down has no release date yet. A teaser of the first movie was first shown as a 28 second scene at the end of Persona 4 The Animation -The Factor of Hope-.
Persona 3 The Movie #1: Spring of Birth
- Japan: November 23, 2013 (Theatrical Release)
- Japan: May 14, 2014 (DVD / Blu-Ray Release)
- International: May 20, 2014 (Imported DVD / Blu-Ray Release)
Persona 3 The Movie #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream
- Japan: June 7, 2014 (Theatrical Release)
Persona 3 The Movie #3: Falling Down
- Japan: TBA
Makoto Yūki is an orphaned teenager who transfers to Gekkoukan High School, on Tatsumi Port Island and, much to his confusion, finds himself experiencing a supernatural phenomenon known as the Dark Hour. After witnessing his new Iwatodai dorm-mates being attacked by mysterious creatures known as Shadows, Makoto goes to their aid and inexplicably awakens to the power of his Persona. Makoto later joins a covert extra-curricular club at Gekkoukan High called S.E.E.S., whose members have but one goal: to rid the world of the Shadows.
The Movie's soundtrack is composed by Shoji Meguro. Each movie is accompanied by a main theme, along with remixed tracks from the Persona 3 Original Soundtrack. The soundtrack for the first movie will be included with the Blu-Ray / DVD release. The themes for the movies are:
- #1: Spring of Birth - "More Than One Heart" by Yumi Kawamura.
- #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream - "Fate is In Our Hands" by Lotus Juice.
|Persona 3 The Movie #1: Spring of Birth|
Persona 3 movie #1 promo poster
Promotional artwork 2
Promotional artwork 3
Persona 3 The Movie's website teaser
Persona 3 Movie Twitter page DP
p3m.jp background before updates
Theme Song CD Set
Persona 3 The Movie #1: Spring of Birth Blu-Ray DVD cover
|Persona 3 The Movie #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream|
Persona 3 movie #2 promo poster
Promotional artwork 2
There are differences between the game and movie.
- Some characters' appearances are modified slightly, such as having darker hair or differently colored eyes.
- No items or Fusion spell are used for battle Shadows unlike in the game.
- There are no cut-in effect when first summoning their Persona in the movie version.
- The protagonist gains new Personas after defeating a Shadow from a full-moon operation. The Persona's arcana depends on the defeated Shadow's arcana.
- No Social Link are acquired in the movie, but it is unknown if Makoto gains the rest of the Arcanas: Temperance, Devil, Tower, Star, Moon, Sun, Judgement or Aeon after all the remaining Shadow Arcana are defeated.
Spring of BirthEdit
- All the major characters appears in movie intro (except Aigis), while the anime cutscene at the beginning only shows the Protagonist, Yukari, Pharos, and Mitsuru.
- Makoto doesn't interact much with other social link characters, only a few.
- It is revealed in the movie that the first victim devoured by the shadow in the anime cutscene was named Sakata Masashi.
- Some characters make a cameo appearance:
- Bunkichi and Mitsuko make a cameo appearance during Fuuka's visit at their bookstore.
- Koromaru and Maiko Oohashi make a cameo appearance together.
- Ken Amada also appears briefly.
- Kenji Tomochika appears in the arcade and after exam results are posted.
- Kazushi Miyamoto makes a brief cameo after exam results are posted.
- Hidetoshi Odagiri appears while interrogating one of the students of class 2-E.
- Nozomi Suemitsu makes a brief cameo in Wild Duck Burger.
- Aigis appears in a post-credits scene.
Midsummer Knight's DreamEdit
- Noriko Kashiwagi makes a cameo appearance.