- "You just came because you thought it sounded like a good time! What else is there to do out in this shithole?"
- —Shadow Yosuke to Yosuke
- Persona 4 / Golden: Boss
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Playable Character
Shadow Yosuke carried over these motifs into Yosuke's Persona Jiraiya:
- Shadow Yosuke's (SY) toad eyes and Jiraiya's Ears
- SY's human eyes and Jiraiya's eyes
- SY's toad mouth and Jiraiya's V-shaped section near his neck.
- SY's human's scarf and Jiraiya's scarf
- The camouflage pattern seen on SY's toad body appears at the end of Jiraiya's pants and sleeves.
Shadow Yosuke appears in the ruins of the Midnight Channel's version of Saki Konishi's family store, openly stating Yosuke Hanamura's motives in joining the Protagonist were purely self-gratification and indulgement in something new and exciting. He also dismissed the death of Saki as Yosuke's excuse for the excursion into the Channel, an unimportant event that led to something far more interesting. Yosuke's rage at the Shadow's words led him to deny it, prompting the Shadow to power itself up and try to kill him.
The fight with Shadow Yosuke is designed to teach the player about Guarding, and Shadow Yosuke always performs actions in this cycle: Wind of Oblivion → Power Charge → Attack → Guard. Simply guard whenever he Power Charges or Guards so that the player takes less damage from his physical attacks and don't grant him an extra turn when he uses Wind of Oblivion. The rest of the fight is easily handled due to Shadow Yosuke's weakness to Zio.
Battle Quotes Edit
- "I am a shadow... The true self... I'll crush everything that bores me... Starting with you!" (Battle Opening)
- "Get out of my sight!" (Using Wind of Oblivion)
- "Outta the way!" (Using Wind of Oblivion)
- "What an eyesore!" (Using Power Charge)
- "Get outta my face!" (Using Power Charge)
- "What did I say!?" (Using Power Charge)
- "How long can you survive this?" (After using Power Charge)
- "Pain in the ass!" (Recovering from Knock Down)
- "Dammit, don't underestimate me!" (Recovering from Knock Down)
- "That's not gonna work!" (Recovering from Knock Down)
- "Heh, that's it...? Boring..." (After HP is reduced by a certain amount)
- "You're getting to be a real pain... Alright, I'm gonna crush you with everything I've got!" (After HP is reduced even more)
- "What a freaking pain in the ass! Get out of my way!"
- "Hah! That all you got? Boring!"
- "You're going down!"
- "So, you want me to get serious?" (unused)
- "I'm coming after you with everything I got! Hope you're ready!"
- "You dick! You're seriously pissing me off!" (unused)
- "Your attacks are nothing!" (unused)
- "Hah! What's the matter? You still wanna fight?" (unused)
- "It's about time you get crushed!" (unused)
- "Let's end this!"
- "Dammit... I... I..." (unused defeated line)
- "Damn you to Hell!" (Upon Defeat)
- "This can't be!" (Upon Defeat)
Persona 4 Arena UltimaxEdit
- "The pain! Everything sucks! Everything's so boring! I'll destroy them all!" (Start round)
- "I'll trash everything boring!" (Start round)
- "I'm the hero!" (Start round)
- "This is for keeps!" (Non-final round victory)
- "Haha! I'm the real me!" (Final round victory)
- "I am sick of everything!" (Final round victory)
- "Hahaha! More! I need more thrills!" (Final round victory)
- "I'm you? Hell no! I'm ME!" (Final round victory against Yosuke Hanamura)
- "Heh, you're so weak! Bonds? Psh, don't make me laugh!"
- "You're still acting like a fool? Face it: this is reality!"
- "This! This is it! Destroying everything is what I live for!"
- "Ugh, what a bore. If I can't be the hero, then nothing's worth it!"
- "Let everything fall into even more chaos! Then I'll shine even brighter!"
- "Everything's a bore! And it'd be the same even if this place wasn't around, right!?"
- Character specific
- Yu Narukami: "Hahahahaha! I've been waiting to catch you off guard! Yeah, you heard me... partner."
- Yosuke Hanamura: "Dithering around like that is so you! I'll take over from here on!"
- Junpei Iori: "Hyaahahahahaha! You're the type who never gets the limelight, huh? Dreams only bring pain, you know!"
Early Concept Art for Shadow Yosuke
Concept art for Shadow Yosuke boss
|Persona 4 (manga)|
Shadow Yosuke appears in the manga adaption
Shadow Yosuke Boss in the manga adaption
|Persona 4: The Animation|
Shadow Yosuke in Persona 4 The Animation
Shadow Yosuke Boss In Persona 4 The Animation
Shadow Yosuke's appearance in P4A
|Persona 4 Visualive|
Yosuke confronting his shadow in Persona 4 Visualive
|Persona 4 Arena Ultimax|
Shadow Yosuke in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Shadow Yosuke render in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
|Storyline||Shadow Yosuke - Shadow Chie - Shadow Yukiko - Shadow Kanji - Shadow Rise - Shadow Teddie - Shadow Mitsuo - Shadow Naoto - Kunino-sagiri - Tohru Adachi & Magatsu-Izanagi - Ameno-sagiri - Kusumi-no-Okami * - Izanami - Izanami-no-Okami|
|Sub||Avenger Knight - Daring Gigas - Amorous Snake - Killing Hand - Dominating Machine - World Balance - Chaos Fuzz - Envious Giant - Neo Minotaur - Sleeping Table|
|Extra||Contrarian King - Intolerant Officer - Momentary Child - Escapist Soldier - Extreme Vessel - Lost Okina|
|Other||Margaret - The Reaper|