The Shido's Palace is a location in Persona 5.
- Available: November 24
- Deadline: December 18 (election day of the next prime minister)
- Owner: Masayoshi Shido
A world within the Palace created by Masayoshi Shido. The Phantom Thieves of Hearts plan a heist to steal Masayoshi's heart in order to reform him so he will stop invading other people's Palaces to perform assassinations. The dungeon takes the form of a luxury cruise ship with the sitting atop, sailing through the Tokyo submerged below the ocean level with high-rises poking above the surface. The Thieves comment that Shido does not really care about the future of the country as he claims in reality but only wants to save himself and his wealthy patrons on an ark.
Five invitations are required to access the congress chamber where Shido's Treasure lies. These invitations are held by Shido's most trusted allies who have appeared in the hotel where the protagonist, Morgana, Ryuji and Ann celebrated their first victory as Phantom Thieves. After the defeat of the first of them, it turns out these people are beyond Cognitive existences, but fusion with the Shadow Selves. Each of them also reveals piece of their scheme of the Conspiracy. Politician Oue explains the subway train pilot rampages are attempts to remove the previous Minister of Transport from office while Shido critizing his mismanagement. TV Station President reveals that they ordered Junya Kaneshiro to launder money for Shido via Ichiryusai Madarame's artworks. IT Company President played Medjed to increase the Phantom Thieves' worldwide popularity so they would crash harder after Kunikazu Okumura's messy death during his live conference. He also encoded Wakaba Isshiki's research on world of cognition before they destroy it.
Shido's Treasure is his politician badge which takes the shape of a golden steering wheel floating above the ship. After the defeat of his Shadow Self, real Masayoshi Shido takes a medicine to enter suspended animation in order to kill the Phantom Thieves and prevent the Treasure from being stolen. But the Phantom Thieves escape in time and Shido begins to repent his actions.
List of EnemiesEdit
- Yamata no Orochi (Politician Oue)
- Forneus (Declined Kazoku)
- Hanuman (TV Station President, accompanied by Garudas)
- Oberon (IT Company President, accompanied by Titanias)
- Ongyo-Ki (Yakuza)
- The submerged city symbolizes both the progressively rising sea level because of climate change and the economic state of Japan which is still struggling to recover from the burst of asset price bubble in 1992.
- Shido's Palace is the second cruise dungeon in the series after Nichirinmaru from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment which also happens to be the headquarter of the conspiracy.