|Shin Megami Tensei: if... Hazama's Chapter|
|Shin Megami Tensei: if... Hazama-hen|
|October 08, 2004|
Shin Megami Tensei: if... Hazama's Chapter is a cell phone game published in 2004 as a prequel to and retelling of Shin Megami Tensei: if.... The game explains the events that led Hazama to send his school to the Expanse and become the Deity Emperor.
The game shows Hazama's bad life in his school, how he was betrayed by his first and only love and his relationship with Tamaki Uchida, Yumi Shirakawa, Reiko Akanezawa, and Charlie Kuroi, what happened to Hazama after being possessed by a spirit named "The Emperor" that lead to him becoming the Deity Emperor, and his rivalry with Akira Miyamoto.
- Ideo Hazama: A young vengeful boy, who becomes the Deity Emperor.
- Tamaki Uchida: A powerful girl that wants to save her school.
- Reiko Akanezawa: Hazama's younger sister, who wants to save her brother from the Emperor.
- Yumi Shirakawa: Tamaki's best friend.
- Shinji Kuroi: Someone who helps the party in order to get back home from the Expanse.
- Akira Miyamoto: Hazama's rival.
- Amon: The demon who possesses Akira in if.... He has made a contract with Hazama and aids him during the game.
- "Emperor": An evil spirit that possessed Hazama, he is the final boss of the game.
- Hazama can use the COMP and cast magic when he is controlled during the first day.
- The alignment system was tweaked from the original games in that alignment no longer influences negotiation (for example, you can recruit Chaos demons despite being Law aligned).
- Despite its status as a prequel/retelling of if..., the gameplay of Hazama's Chapter is closer to Shin Megami Tensei II than the original if...; the Guardian system used in if... does not return and the three endings are set to the three alignments as they were in the main games.
- The story has three endings:
- True Ending: Tamaki Uchida takes the Ring of Light from Lucifer, forgives Ideo Hazama, and destroys Zurvan, returning the school back from the Expanse. This ending is set to the Law alignment.
- Normal Ending: Tamaki refuses to take the Ring of Light, defeats Hazama, and forgives him. The school remains in the Expanse, but all students are safe from the demons. This ending is set to the Neutral alignment.
- Death Ending: Tamaki refuses the "Ring of Light", kills Hazama (don't forgive him) and Lucifer, but The Emperor is still alive. His power emanates from Lucifer's room, and instantly kills the party, leaving the school in the Expanse, and the students being tortured. This ending is set to the Chaos alignment.
- The player can also control up to 2 major characters during exploration along with Hazama or Tamaki.
|Hazama's Chapter - Manga - Kahn|
|Playable||Tamaki Uchida - Yumi Shirakawa - Shinji Kuroi - Reiko Akanezawa - Akira Miyamoto - Amon - Ideo Hazama|
|Non-playable||Nova - Akiko - Otsuki - Chefei - The Emperor - Lucifer|
|General||Karukozaka High School - River Styx|
|Expanse||World of Pride - Gluttony - Sloth - Envy - Wrath - Greed - Land of Nomos - Inner World|
|Terminology||Guardian - Expanse - Moon Phase System - Sword fusion|
|Lists||Guardians - Demons - Bosses (Hazama's Chapter) - Skills - Items|