|Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem|
|Genei Ibunroku sharp FE|
|Developer||Intelligent Systems |
Genei Ibunroku#FE, known outside of Japan under the tentative title of Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, is a collaboration between Intelligent Systems and Atlus. The game will be published by Nintendo for the Wii U console. It will feature characters from the Shin Megami Tensei series as well as the series. Index, the then-parent company of Atlus, initially revealed that the genre to be RPG without specifying any possible sub-genre. The full game title was revealed 1 April, 2015 during a Nintendo Direct presentation.
During a brief interview with Famitsu in August 2012, Katsura Hashino teased an announcement saying he had a collaboration that would surprise everyone. On January 23, 2013, the game was announced for Wii U on Nintendo Direct. On July 9, 2013, Atlus and Nintendo announced a special deal on the Nintendo eShop, in which, if players register both Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem: Awakening to Club Nintendo, they will get $30 credit on the eShop for 3DS. The game's development status is "on schedule" as of June 11 2014.
During the Nintendo Direct on the 1st of April in 2015, a full trailer was revealed for the game, alongside its official Japanese title. This depicted various Fire Emblem characters alongside a modern day Japanese style, as commonly seen in the Megami Tensei series. The trailer did not depict any Megami Tensei characters from previous titles, though certain Fire Emblem characters, specifically the villains Gangrel and Aversa from Awakening, were depicted as enemies with Megami Tensei-style demonic redesigns. The basic premise of the game as suggested by the trailer is that the modern world exists alongside a world of Fire Emblem fantasy similar in nature to how a demon world traditionally exists alongside or intersects with the human world in Megami Tensei titles. Despite the tone of the song Reincarnation from the trailer being upbeat, the lyrics are much darker than they appear.
- Kiria Kurono (黒乃霧亜): A singer and playable character. She is shown to use a microphone stand in battle and sings the song "Reincarnation" that is played in the trailer. In the game, Kiria assumes the Mage class.
- Tsubasa Oribe (織部つばさ): A high school student and a member of the party. She takes the guise of the Pegasus Knight class.
- Itsuki Aoi (蒼井樹): A high school student that assumes the Lord class, presumably meaning he is the main protagonist of the game.
- Toma Akagi (赤城斗馬): A young man that works at a sentai hero stage show, able to assume the Cavalier class.
Shin Megami Tensei charactersEdit
The Shin Megami Tensei characters that appeared from the first trailer are:
- Protagonist: Shin Megami Tensei
- Heroine: Shin Megami Tensei
- Aleph: Shin Megami Tensei II
- Hiroko: Shin Megami Tensei II
- Protagonist (Male and Female): Shin Megami Tensei: if...
- Demi-fiend: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
- Chiaki Hayasaka: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
- Flynn: Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Isabeau: Shin Megami Tensei IV