Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sumaru City (kanji: 珠閒瑠市) is the main setting to the Persona 2 duology. It's a fictional Japanese seaside city, with over 1.28 million people. In Innocent Sin, the player can access 5 total wards as the story progresses, with 1 added later in Eternal Punishment. The name was taken from an in-game historical figure known as Kiyotada Sumaru, a feudal warlord who once ruled the city during the Period Of The Warring States.
You may be referring to:
- Sumaru City is modeled after . The names of both Aoba and Konan wards come straight from this city as well.
- "Sumaru" is altered from "Subaru" (すばる, 昴), the Japanese name for the (Seven Sisters) star cluster, a plot device heavily employed in the story.
- The character "閒" in the name of the city is not a common Japanese kanji. This leads to a common mistake by Japanese players to interpret the character with the similar kanji, "間".
- The kanji name of the city can be loosely translated "pearl-leisure-jade". The kanji of Kiyotada Sumaru's last name is otherwise written differently as "澄丸".
- Sumaru City may be the hometown of the Protagonist from Persona 5.