Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tactics are battle-commands often used in Persona 3 and 4 and its iterations.
The player may issue Tactics to the A.I. controlled party-member, to change their actions of course. Tactics are as following: "Fight Freely", "Heal/Support," and others that allow indirect control of party-members by getting them to do a specfic task or attack only a specific target.
There are also several tactics that only some characters may use. Aigis from Persona 3 and Metis from Persona 3 FES are the only characters who can use "Orgia Mode".
The Tactics command was prevalent in Persona 3, where it was a major part of the game as the player could not control their party members directly. The Tactics command is also featured in the PSP remake of Persona 3 and in Persona 4, but can be overridden by choosing 'Direct Command'.
List of TacticsEdit
- Act Freely: Party members will mainly attack enemies, but will heal heavily injured party members and focus on knocking down enemies/finishing those already weakened.
- Heal/Support: Party members will prioritize healing and using support skills (buffs, debuffs, status skills and breaks). They will only attack if the party is at full HP and all buffs/debuffs/statuses/breaks are set.
- Conserve SP: Same as Act Freely, but party members won't use any skills that use SP, except Spirit Drain.
- Assign Target: Party members will focus on the target and won't attack any other enemies or heal. Reverts to Act Freely once the target is dead.
- Stand By: Party members will skip their turns - useful if you aim for Shuffle Time.
- Full Assault: Party members will only attack a single enemy until it dies. They will not heal, use support skills or try to knock all enemies down.
- Knock Down: Party Members will focus on knocking down enemies. They will not heal, use support skills or try to finish already weakened enemies.
- Same Target: Same as Full Assault, except party members will attack the Protagonist's target.
- Attack Fallen: Same as Full Assault, except party members will attack enemies that are knocked down.
- Orgia Mode: Exclusive to Aigis and Metis. Their attack power will double for 3 turns (4 for Metis), after which they will spend 3 turns cooling down. Once Orgia Mode is activated you can't change their tactics before they cool down. Reverts to Act Freely after cooling down. Metis' skills don't cost anything while Orgia Mode is active.
- Analyze/Full Analyze: Gives Mitsuru or Fuuka a command to analyze the enemy. Can also be used by pressing L1 (PS2 version) or L(PSP version)
- Request Help: Calls members that are not present into battle.
- Oracle: Instructs Fuuka to use Oracle.
- Direct Command: Only present in Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4. Allows you to directly control party members.