|Also known as||Nobu (Manga)|
|First Appearance||Shin Megami Tensei: if...|
|Affiliation||Kuzunoha Detective Agency|
|Date of Birth||August 13th, c. 1980|
- "Give up! There is no need for you to keep your revenge, Hazama, it's over."
- —Tamaki, Shin Megami Tensei: if... Hazama's Chapter.
Tamaki Uchida is the name given to the female protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei: if....
- Shin Megami Tensei: if...: Protagonist
- Shin Megami Tensei: if... Hazama's Chapter: Playable Character
- Megami Ibunroku Persona: Minor Character
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin: Minor Character
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment: Minor Character
In Persona, Tamaki Uchida wears her St. Hermelin High School uniform.
In Persona 2, Tamaki wears an outfit inspired by fellow Devil Summoner Rei Reiho.
In the tradition of the Shin Megami Tensei series, they are silent protagonists, with their personality based upon the player's actions and decisions, in Shin Megami Tensei: if....
In Persona, Tamaki Uchida frequently feuds with Tadashi Satomi. But during the Snow Queen Quest, when she was trapped in the Hypnos Tower along with Tadashi and others, they were imprisoned in a dream in which she and Tadashi are madly in love with each other. Their new feelings carry over into the real world after they were awoken from their slumber.
Shin Megami Tensei: if...Edit
The Protagonist's gender can be selected. They are a student of Karukozaka High School. They can choose to go with Yumi Shirakawa to rescue the school and its students, Reiko Akanezawa to find out the truth about Hazama and help save the school, Shinji Kuroi (also known as Charlie) to save themselves and escape, leaving the school behind, or Akira Miyamoto to get revenge on Hazama.
In Hazama's Chapter, Tamaki is the main companion of Hazama. She is controlled by the player after the school is sucked into the Expanse. During her explorations in the World of Pride, she finds Lucifer and obtains the "Ring of Light", which frees Hazama from the Zurvan's control, allowing the final battle against "The Emperor". If the player does not accept the Ring from Lucifer, the game will end either after Hazama is defeated in the World of Sloth and forgiven of his sins or after Lucifer is defeated.
Shin Megami Tensei: KahnEdit
In this sequel to the manga adaptation of if..., the male protagonist is called Nobu. Following the events of the manga, he has transferred to a new school, but has attracted attention from Thorman and Gotou for his connection to the incident in Karukozaka High School and the Demon Summoning Program he carries. He is framed for the death of his mother and forced to go on the run, reuniting once again with Yumi Shirakawa and the now-human Pixie. After Tokyo is flooded, he is taken to the future where he confronts the reincarnation of Hazama.
Megami Ibunroku PersonaEdit
- "A transfer student who joined the Fencing Club. She's always arguing with Tadashi."
- —Her introduction, Persona
Localized as "Tammy" in Revelations, Tamaki seems to have transferred to St. Hermelin after the surreal events back in her old school (her fellow fencing club members will first be curious about why she never talks about her old school. When Mikage-cho becomes infested with demons, they will be even more mystified at her vast knowledge of demon behavior). She seems to have a bit of romantic tension with a clubmate named Tadashi Satomi ("Tad" in the Revelations), with whom she gets into a lot of intense shouting matches. Tamaki will also give the Protagonist one of her fencing rapiers and some advice on how to deal with demons.
Persona 2: Innocent SinEdit
Tamaki is now in college, and works part-time in the Kuzunoha Detective Agency as an assistant to Daisuke Todoroki, and also a Devil Summoner. She handles the mail-in magazine prizes for the party, and in one occasion, Tamaki will dress up as a cat burglar along with Tadashi (who is now her fiance) helping the party to rescue the schoolchildren trapped deep inside the burning Sky Museum.
Persona 2: Eternal PunishmentEdit
- "While going to college, she works as a Devil Summoner."
- —Her introduction, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
On the Other Side, Tamaki still works at the Kuzunoha Detective Agency. She is also hiding a money-loving demon friend in the bathroom who uses the giant fortune cat in the office as a facade to ask random people for handouts. Tamaki reprises her role of handling the mail-in magazine contest entries for the party. Off-hand, she expresses concern for her fiance, who has been missing because of assassination threats from sources unknown.
The protagonist's stats are determined by the answers given to Nova at the beginning of the game. Each answer corresponds to a number of points, and the total determines the stats spread.
The Luck Stats has more base points than the other three (28, rather than 24). The player will also start the game with 5,000 Macca instead of zero.
|1. Do you like video games?|
|I love them (0)||I like them (1)|
|I hate them (2)||I never saw one (3)|
|2. Which kind of club are you a member of?|
|Athletic Club (0)||Cultural Club (1)|
|Go-Home Club (2)||I don't know (3)|
|3. Do you do your homework properly?|
|Always (1)||I forget sometimes (0)|
|I never do it (2)||I don't know (3)|
|4. Do you forget things?|
|Never (2)||Sometimes (0)|
|Always (1)||I don't know if I forgot (3)|
|5. What is your favorite subject?|
|Japanese (0)||Math (0)|
|Social Studies (1)||Science (1)|
|I don't have one (2)||I don't know (3)|
|6. What is your favorite sport?|
|Baseball (1)||Soccer (1)|
|Boxing (0)||Wrestling (0)|
|I don't have one (2)||I don't know (3)|
|7. Do you have a cellphone?|
|Yes, and I use it often (0)||Yes, but I don't use it often (1)|
|I don't have one (2)||I don't know what it is (3)|
|8. How do you spend the holidays?|
|Outdoors (0)||Indoors (1)|
|Reading (2)||I don't know (3)|
|9. How many people do you like being with?|
|I like being alone (0)||I like being with 2-3 people (1)|
|I like being with a lot of people (2)||I can't count how many (3)|
|10. You find a purse with 10,000 yen inside. What do you do with it?|
|Turn it in to the police (0)||Keep it to myself (1)|
|Share the money with everyone (2)||Throw away the money and keep the wallet (3)|
|The following questions are only asked if the total of points is 21 or more.|
|11. What kind of underwear are you wearing? (Male Protagonist only)|
|Trunks (2)||Briefs (1)|
|Bikini (0)||I'm going commando (6)|
|11. What kind of panties are you wearing? (Female Protagonist only)|
|Cotton (2)||Silk (1)|
|No comments (0)||I'm going commando (6)|
Shin Megami Tensei: if...Edit
Tamaki (right) and the if... Male Protagonist as they appear in the SNES art
Tamaki (right) and the if... Male Protagonist posing
Screenshot of Tamaki with her default Balance Stats
Screenshot of Tamaki with her default Luck Stats
Screenshot of Tamaki with her default Power Stats
Screenshot of Tamaki with her default Speed Stats
Nobu as he appears in Shin Megami Tensei: Kahn
Tamaki in Persona 2
Tamaki's portrait in Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Tamaki's portrait in Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Tamaki's masked portrait in Persona 2: Innocent Sin
- Tamaki's Ultimate Equipment in if... is obtained through fusion, by fusing the strongest fusion sword, the Heaven Sword, with Shiva (gun), Ananta (head), Arahabaki (body), Kalki (arms), and Amaterasu (legs).
- Reiko's ending shows that Tamaki returns to level 1 after the school is back to normal, which would explain why in all of her cameos, she is not nearly as powerful as her status as a previous protagonist would suggest, retaining only the memories of the events of if... as experience about how to deal with demons.
- Tamaki has some speeches during conversations with other characters in Hazama's Chapter, but they depend on the player's choices.
- Tamaki Uchida is modeled after Tadashi Satomi, liked. Satomi went so far to had his in-game cameo dating Tamaki which was not well-received by fans. , a popular actress and idol who the scenario writer of the Persona series at the time,
- During the Aerospace Museum mission in Innocent Sin, Tamaki dresses like the from DC comics.
- In if... Tamaki uses an Arm Terminal custom-made by Yawata, one of Karukozaka High School's teachers as her COMP. In Eternal Punishment however, she uses a GUMP from the Devil Summoner series when fighting against Tatsuya Sudou.
|Hazama's Chapter - Manga - Kahn|
|Playable||Tamaki Uchida - Yumi Shirakawa - Shinji Kuroi - Reiko Akanezawa - Akira Miyamoto - Amon - Ideo Hazama|
|Non-playable||Nova - Akiko - Otsuki - Chefei - The Emperor - Lucifer|
|General||Karukozaka High School - River Styx|
|Expanse||World of Pride - Gluttony - Sloth - Envy - Wrath - Greed - Land of Nomos - Inner World|
|Terminology||Guardian - Expanse - Moon Phase System - Sword fusion|
|Lists||Guardians - Demons - Bosses (Hazama's Chapter) - Skills - Items|