|Also known as||No-Good Tora, |
Man of the People
|Japanese Name||吉田 寅之助|
|First Appearance||Persona 5|
- "The most important part about giving a good speech is believing in yourself... ...Perhaps one day... I will believe in myself... again. Very well. If learning how to give a great speech is what you seek, then I'd be happy to instruct you. In exchange, I would like for you to continue assisting me."
- —Toranosuke Yoshida to the protagonist, Persona 5
Toranosuke Yoshida is a character from Persona 5. He is attempting to seriously enter Japan's political system in order to start changing the country, but is having difficulties doing so.
Yoshida has slicked-back black hair, dark brown eyes and thick eyebrows. Yoshida wears his black business suit, yellow dotted red tie, white gloves, and a green sash that reads "friendly society, bright future" (やさしい社会 あかるい未来, yasashii shakai akarui mirai)?.
Yoshida is an unpopular man who gives soapbox speeches outside of Shibuya Station. In the 20 years since he started, he’s lost seven consecutive elections due to his tempestuous personality and political scandals. Given certain circumstances, considerably few people stop and listen to Yoshida’s words, but his speeches are actually good. He is confronting the country's future with seriousness. The protagonist first meets Yoshida during the former's part-time in the beef bowl restaurant. The player can volunteer to aid in his public speech to build up the Confidant with him, during which it was revealed that the major scandal that destroyed his credibility was not his fault; his old mentor misappropriated funds for his own purposes and put the blame on Yoshida. By the end of the Confidant, Yoshida has managed to win a sizable base for his upcoming campaign and the real culprit behind the scandals is revealed, allowing him to confront problems head-on.
- "Staging your crimes with calling cards... It's hard to believe that a student could manage this alone. An adult—for example, someone talented enough to move people with words—perhaps they coached you. ...Isn't that right!?"
- —Sae Niijima talking about Toranosuke Yoshida, Persona 5
The player can find Yoshida on 6th May in the Shibuya Station square. Then works as a part-time in the beef bowl restaurant twice to meet him again. His Confidant is unlocked after helping him out for the second time. Each time the player has ranked up his bond, they will be rewarded 3 points of Charm.
The item received by maxing Yoshida's Confidant is a luxurious fountain pen, which can always use all negotiation skills.
|2||Diplomacy||Occasionally ask for more money or items during negotiations.|
|3||Fundraising||Allows you to ask for large amounts of money during negotiations.|
|5||Manipulation||Occasionally raises the chances of an enemy giving you a rare item.|
|8||Mind Control||Occasionally lets you skip negotiation when attempting to obtain a Persona.|
|10||Charismatic Speech||Allows you to form contracts with higher level Shadows.|
- Yoshida's name is very similar to (吉田 寅次郎), a short-lived but influential intellectual and careerist who nurtured many major activists of the .