Twisted Tokyo (東狂, Toukyou)? is a dungeon in the series.
Shin Megami Tensei IV ApocalypseEdit
Twisted Tokyo is a Tokyo from an alternate timeline, where the Messiahs never arrived and it was completely ravaged by demons. It takes the form of a giant Domain made entirely of tendrils and human skulls where the Fiends reside, this dungeon and its floors are named after Tokyo and landmarks and districts but with an alternate writing in kanji. Each area concerning a fiend is written slightly different to reference the Fiend of that section of the dungeon.
The player cannot run from the artificially empowered random encounters in the area, and they cannot be negotiated with. Both the map and the enemy scanner is disabled, and as the player descends the floors only get bigger and more labyrinthine. Each Fiend must be beaten in 10 turns or less, otherwise Nanashi will be sent to the entrance of the dungeon, however, the Fiend does not regain the HP lost from the fight. Fiends drop Incense, Armor Boost Kits, Compendium Tickets, Battle Plans, and unique equipment, and once beaten do not respawn normally in the game.
After acquiring the "Depths of Twisted Tokyo" DLC ($1.49) and using the Eternal Torus item acquired from it, and then beating En no Ozuno at the bottom of Twisted Tokyo, the Fiends can respawn at higher levels and stronger than before, joined by En no Ozuno at the end. Random encounters will also get stronger as well. Enemy levels increase by ~75 levels per cycle, resulting in Mother Harlot being level 994 at Twisted Tokyo 9. Twisted Tokyo cycles never reset, even on New Game+.
- 2nd Floor: David - drops Stradavari
- 5th Floor: Matador - drops Aiki Staff
- 9th Floor: White Rider - drops Fantasista
- 14th Floor: Red Rider - drops Chaos Sword
- 20th Floor: Black Rider - drops Constraint Scale
- 27th Floor: Pale Rider - drops Reaping Blade
- 36th Floor: Trumpeter - drops Angel's Trumpet
- 46th Floor: Mother Harlot - drops Babylon Ring
- 57th Floor (DLC only): En no Ozuno
List of EnemiesEdit
- B1F - B2F
- Chimera (Ziodyne, Chomp)
- Legion (Grand Tack, Luster Candy)
- Inferno (Maragidyne, Fire Pierce)
- B3F - B5F
- Corpse (Energy Drain, Titanomachia)
- Slime (Poison Breath, Acid Breath)
- Hitokotonushi (Mahamaon, Bind Voice)
- B10F - B14F
- Wildfire Horde (Maragidyne, Madness Nails, Will of Flame)
- Orthrus (Fire Breath, Madness Nails)
- Black Maria (Mediarahan, Ice Age)
- Yatagarasu (Maragidyne, Grand Tack)
- Chernobog (Mamudoon, Dark Sword)