|Japanese Name||芹沢 うらら|
|First Appearance||Persona 2: Innocent Sin|
|Secondary Arcana||The Priestess, The Lovers, The Temperance|
|Date of Birth||11/30|
|Weight||52kg (115 lbs)|
|Japanese VA||Noriko Kaneko|
|English VA||Amanda Winn Lee|
Ulala Serizawa is a character from the Persona 2 duology.
Like most modern Japanese women, she wears thick makeup. She dyes her hair vividly and rolls a bun at the top of her head with the strands resembling a star. She has a beauty spot under her right eye. She dresses in a set of dark green blouse and long skirt with spider web pattern, this symbolizes that Ulala is trapped in her own issues and could not escape from those troubles.
Ulala is riddled with self-confidence issues, usually depending on men as a self-esteem boost. She is a habitual drinker, and also likes to cook; she cleans and cooks for herself and Maya. She's obsessed with fortune telling and loves to go to matchmaking parties.
Ulala Serizawa is Maya Amano's friend and roommate. She has very bad luck with men. She and Maya have been friends since high school, and it's assumed that Ulala possibly failed a grade due to age difference.
- "Maya's friend who works at a lingerie company. A quick-tempered beauty who's frustrated by her bad luck with men..."
- — Introductory Paragraph
Ulala has all her savings taken away by a con artist, Youichi Makimura, who has became a member of the Masked Circle, and manipulated other women. While Ulala was at Gold Gym, she correctly assumed he was behind the events, and chased him separately from Tatsuya's group, coming into the room he was in, and summoning her Persona (something Maya apparently taught her to do), and proceeding to chase him out, and defeat him unscathed (seeing as she showed up at her and Maya's apartment unharmed).
She becomes involved with the JOKER case when she went to Seven Sisters High School with Maya. It was also there in which her Persona awakened. She and Maya have somewhat of a strained relationship, despite being close friends; she is jealous of Maya's success, and seeing as Ulala puts all her effort in varying fields, she cannot seem to decide on a career. Thus, she drunk dials JOKER on Maya. But upon knowing Maya is actually targeted by JOKER, instead of running away, she stays with her and protects her until Tatsuya Sudou, the first JOKER, is defeated on the blimp. Following Chizuru Ishigami's announcement of the Joker curse, when confronted at the GOLD gym, she reveals herself as an infectee and engages the current party in battle.
She is taken to the Velvet Room, where Igor purifies her of the remnants of Joker influence, allowing her to make amends for the disastrous incident and speak honestly with Maya, allowing her to resolve her envy issues. After the event, she and Maya become much closer friends.
Ulala is an expert boxer, and frequently works out at Gold Gym, even demolishing a punching bag, in a few blows. (In the faux Persona 2 anime trailer from the Eternal Punishment fan disc, she attaches Makimura's photo on the punching bag during the practice.)
Persona 3 Edit
She is a guest on Trish's show Who's Who, described as a lady in her 30s with a beauty spot under her eye who can dance the flamenco. Trish wonders what Ulala would look like with a rose in her mouth.
- "So, who wants to have their face smashed in?" (when entering a battle)
- "Don't underestimate me you *beep*ing bastard!" (when entering a battle)
- "Someone throw in the towel!" (when entering a battle with low HP)
- "Ciao!" (when summoning a Persona)
- "Get 'em!" (when summoning a Persona)
- "Persona!" (when summoning a Persona)
- "Everyone! Get in! Get in!" (when using Fusion Spells)
- "Alright, go!" (when using Fusion Spells)
- "Go get 'em!" (when using Fusion Spells)
- "K.O!" (after winning a battle)
- "I am the champion!" (after winning a battle)
- "Why does everyone around me have to be like this?" (rare victory quote)
- "Bring me back a hunk of a man!" (rare victory quote)
- "You left your body wide open!" (rare victory quote)
- "Mmm... I feel refreshed!" (rare victory quote)
- "Not good!" (when retreating)
- "Run away! Run away!" (when retreating)
- "Uhhhh!" (when KO'ed)
- "Was my guard down...?" (game over)
- "And I wasn't even married yet..." (game over)
- Both exclusive Personas of Ulala (Callisto and Asteria) meet their miseries because their beauties have attracted Zeus in their originating mythology, a direct reference to Ulala's misfortune at the hands of dating certain men.