Atlas released an exciting new trailer for Persona 5, the latest entry in the popular Persona series. So far, players have only seen teaser images of the game, including the Protagonist. But this time around, we get a glimpse of the game in action, as well as some new party members!
Take a peek at the new trailer below, as we break down some of the new details! Let us know what you think of the new trailer in the comments!
- The trailer reveals a bit more of the setting, which looks to be set near the Tokyo Bay region
- The main protagonist and party members are seen wearing thief masks and preforming heists. This look is pretty reminiscent of the glasses that all characters in Persona 4 utilize.
- The opening text reads "What awaits is...glory?...or...ruin?"
- We see the famous crossing in Shibuya.
- The newest mascot character is revealed. The black cat can take part in battle similar to Teddie. Her name in the menu is listed as モルガナ (possibly translated as Morganna)
- We see a brief shot of Igor, which could mark a return of the character. Later on in the trailer we notice the Protagonist behind bars in an area that's very similar to the visual style of the Velvet Room.
- We see short clips of some very slick in-game menus.
- The two other party members, a blonde boy 坂本竜司 (possibly translated as Ryuji Sakamoto or Tatsushi Sakamoto) and 高巻杏 (possibly translated as Ann Takamaki or Anzu Takamaki).
- We see an awesome animation of the All Out Attack.
- The playable characters are shown wielding a variety of different weapon types, including firearms and melee weapons. We see some shots of a steel pipe, shotgun, handgun, whip, slingshot, and falchion.
- Interestingly enough, we do not see a Persona being summoned in this trailer. The method of which they're summoned has yet to be seen.